In this generation, we thought we experienced it all already. But when the global health crisis came a modern-day pandemic no one is prepared.
Many of our industries are struggling due to the mandates of the national government that leads to closing down the business. A business crisis that we didn’t predict. What governments, corporations, hospitals, schools, and other organizations need now, more than ever, are “real leaders” — people who despite their own challenges are exerting effort to help us overcome the limitations, weakness and fear and get us to do better, harder things than we can get ourselves to do on our own. These are the leaders with a heart of gold, maybe part of their genes or forged to do better even in Pandemic. Leaders who acted in the face of great uncertainty, real danger, and collective fear.
Here are some leaders; individuals or corporations that magnifies more their ability in this crisis we are all facing while others shone away.
- Ernesto Tanmantiong is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC), one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing Asian foodservice companies with over 4,500 stores in 21 countries. JFC has 8 wholly-owned brands (Jollibee, Chowking, Greenwich, Red Ribbon, and Mang Inasal in the Philippines; Yonghe King and Hong Zhuang Yuan in China; and Smashburger in the USA), 2 franchised brands (Burger King in the Philippines and Dunkin’ Donuts in select territories in China), and a 60% ownership in the SuperFoods Group that owns the Highlands Coffee and PHO24 brands.
- RS Francisco of Frontrow Enterprise and the President of this empire with more than 1.2M distributors worldwide. Even in pandemic they are very visible to various organisations and spent more than Php 100 Million on donations plus the implementation of E Eskwela in different barangays nationwide to help the indigent students for the free use of computers that are located inside the government facilities.
- Mayor Francisco “Isko” Domagoso, the boy wonder of Manila. As a young age from the streets, he is already an accomplished public servant and love by his constituents. His drive, grit and will power made him so much love by his constituents especially his devotion to helping his communities in times of pandemic.
- Andrew Troy Nicolas is the Group Chairman of Tag Media Group (AAA Cosmetics and Trading Company, Tag Media and Public Relations and AG Builders and Developers). He just launched a cosmetic and health & wellness line last November 2020 even in Pandemic with 9 products right away. As of now, there’s already more than 100 distributors nationwide. His signature event, Asia Leaders Awards is the most successful event with Ambassadors and Senior leaders on the awards committee.
- Ronald Mascariñas is the President of Bounty Fresh Agro Ventures and despite this business lowdown to others, the company launched another brand HeiHei. The award-winning entrepreneur recently receives the “Man of the Year” at Asia Leaders Award for his contribution to reach out to the indigents and Frontliners during this Pandemic.
- Robert Laurel Yupangco is the CEO of Zoomanity Group and President of Yupangco Group of Companies. Every day even at the start of this 2019 health crisis, he attended all office meetings just to make sure that his organisation will always have something at home. 36 businesses under his belt that includes 5 Theme Parks; Zoobic Safari (Subic), Zoocobia (Pampanga), Paradizoo (Cavite), Residence Inn Zoori (Tagaytay) and Zoocolate Thrills (Bohol).
- Manjinder James Kumar Filipino Indian Commerce and Welfare Society Inc. (FICWSI) Founder & President, FICWSI, founded in 2015, is aimed at bringing together Indian and Filipino businessmen and stakeholders under one umbrella organization to look after their needs, protection, and interests. Manjinder is an award-winning entrepreneur and philanthropist who chose to help more the indigents in the Philippines.